Dreaming about a break from the winter? You need look no further! Here is your chance to learn from the best and experience a fantastic kayak destination.
Over this 4 days sea kayak course you will learn how to control your kayak, kayak rescues, navigation and more. Mad Goats and BORK have teamed up to offer a professional and unique kayaking course in Lisbon, Portugal.
Beginner to intermediate
Only 5 900 NOK
(Early bird 4 900 NOK)
What is provided in the kayaking course price?
- 4-day kayak course
- All the kayak gear needed (only bring light accessories, as you don’t want to have to pay for extra luggage)
- Professional, super awesome instructors
- Transport to and from different kayak locations
- The Norwegian NPF våttkort certification: Grunnkurs or Teknikkurs
Need to know before booking our kayaking course
- We recommend that you have some experience with kayaking (e.g. 3 hour introduction course)
- You are responsible for organising your own flights to Lisbon. We recommend TAP Portugal.
- You are responsible for providing your own food during the trip.
- You must book your own hotel.
More information about our kayaking course
Kayak course – course plan
Location – Cascais + saltwater pool
Activity – revise basic skills: strokes, rescues + begin rolling instruction + theory lesson
Location – Tagus River + saltwater pool
Activity – paddle to Seixal (practice towing, team-work, boat traffic) + rolling session + theory lesson
Location – Northern or Southern coastline, dependent on conditions
Activity – coastline trip (beach landings, paddling in swell)
Sunday (10:00 – you choose when you want to depart dependant on your flight)
Location – best surf beach we can find that will suit participates skill level
Activity – learning to surf and rescue yourself in surf conditions
Find detailed course content on the bottom of the page.
Price for the kayaking course
– NOK 5900. Early bird price NOK 4900 (Book before 30.09.17)
Choose your date for a mind-blowing kayaking experience
– 23-26. November 2017
– 15-18. February 2018
This kayak course is for beginner and intermediate kayakers. If you are an experienced kayaker you can have a look at our other course in Portugal here.
– Cowboy self rescue
– Cowgirl self-rescue
– Paddle float rescue
– Incapacitated swimmer rescue
– Unconscious swimmer rescue
– Assisted rescues (rough/calm water)
– Group rescues
– Shore landing and exits
– Introduction to Eskimo-rolling in the seaside swimming pool
– Brace strokes
– Using your edges
– Moving side stroke
– Paddling in a group
– Boat traffic
– Paddling in 3-star conditions (optional)
– Learning how to surf small waves (optional)
Theory (10% of the course)
– Taking a bearing on and off the map
– Basic map reading (e.g. map signs and distances)
Basic risk avoidance and safety measures
– Ocean conditions: tides & wind.
– Communications: Epirb, VHF, cell-phone, satellite phone
– First aid: hypothermia, CPR & dislocations
– Trip preparation
Terma and conditions
Booking and payment
1. The booking is binding when you confirm it and get the invoice.
1. Cancellation up until 30 days before the course: 100 % of the price will be refunded.
2. Cancellation up until 14 days before the course: 50 % of the price will be refunded.
3. Cancellation later than 14 days before the course: No refund.
4. If the participant does not arrive at the agreed time, there is no refund.
5. Cancellation has to be in written form by e-mail.
7. If you get sick, we will offer you a new date. We will need a note from your doctor.