Dreaming about a break from the winter and looking for a kayak adventure in paradise? You need look no further! This is your chance to learn from the best and experience a fantastic kayak destination.
Over 4 days you will learn how to control your kayak in surf, perform the eskimo-roll, kayak rescues and technical paddling skills. Mad Goats and BORK have teamed up to offer a professional and unique kayaking course in Lisbon, Portugal.
All skill levels welcome
Only 5 900 NOK
What is provided in the kayaking course price?
- 4 day kayak course
- All the kayak gear needed (only bring light accessories, as you don’t want to have to pay for extra luggage)
- Professional instructors
- Transport to and from different kayak locations
- The Norwegian certification «våttkort grunnkurs» or/and «våttkort teknikkurs»
Need to know before booking our kayaking course
- You are responsible for organising your own flights to Lisbon. We recommend TAP Portugal.
- You are responsible for providing your own food during the trip.
- You must book your own hotel. Remember that this is an intensive kayaking course, so most of the time you spend at the hotel will be sleeping: the rest will be spent in your kayak!
More information about our kayaking course
Day 1 – Thursday
Starts at 1200pm; basic skills i.e. (paddle strokes, rescues & rolling) + evening theory lesson (incl. group dynamics, navigation, weather, ocean conditions, communication)
Day 2 – Friday
Paddling trip; depending on weather conditions we will paddle up the Tagus River and accross to a sheltered area called Seixal + evening rolling session and days debrief
Day 3 – Saturday
Late start at 1200pm; paddle trip up the open Atlantic coastline + evening rolling session and days debrief
Day 4 – Sunday
Surfing day; we will paddle/travel to the best beginner surf spot, where you will learn how to surf and perform rescues in waves. We do this on the last day to give you time to gain the skills and expereince neccessary to enjoy yourself in the waves. Rest assured, we choose the safest environment and the instructors are always ready to rescue + course debrief and goodbyes
Price for the kayaking course
– NOK 5900
Choose your date for a mind-blowing kayaking experince
– 23-26. November 2017
– 15-18. February 2018 (2 spots left)
– 5-8. April 2018 (No possibility for the «Teknikkurs» sertification on this course)
For advanced courses, click here
These kayaking courses are for all skill levels, beginners and experienced kayakers. You do not have to be Norwegian to attend or attain these kayak certificates. All are welcome!!
Terma and conditions
Booking and payment
1. The booking is binding when you confirm it and get the invoice.
1. Cancellation up until 30 days before the course: 100 % of the price will be refunded.
2. Cancellation up until 14 days before the course: 50 % of the price will be refunded.
3. Cancellation later than 14 days before the course: No refund.
4. If the participant does not arrive at the agreed time, there is no refund.
5. Cancellation has to be in written form by e-mail.
7. If you get sick, we will offer you a new date. We will need a note from your doctor.