Akerselva River Tour + Optional Floating Sauna Session beside the Oslo Opera House!
See Oslo from the coolest perspective possible while Stand Up Paddling down the beautiful Akerselva River. You might also find a new side to yourself – your wild side! Join us and embrace your inner “Mad Goat” while floating through central Oslo city and out into Oslo Fjord.
The trip starts at Grunnerparken beside the food hall (Mathallen) in Vulkan. From here we paddle through the suburbs of Grunnerløkka and Grønland, then out onto the magnificent Oslo Fjord – but first through a 500m long tunnel underneath Oslo Central Station!
Akerselva is a river steeped in history and culture, making this one of the most experience-rich activities in Oslo!
To end the trip we will paddle down the Akerselva canal beside the new Munch Museum and then finish right beside the Oslo Opera House – an iconic Oslo landmark!
The tour ends right next to the Oslo Fjord Floating Sauna (Sørenga Badstue – og Helårsbadeanstalt). A sauna session is an authentic Nordic experience that no trip to Oslo should be without. An hour in the sauna is a relaxing an fun experience to help you wind down and refresh after your tour. If you wish to go to the sauna after the paddle tour, please ask your guide to set you up with special admission to the sauna for only 100kr!
See map below.
Fitness requirement: Low – medium.
Age limit 10yrs+
Beginner; no experiece required.
- The tour starts at Nordre Foss Park across the river from Mathallen. Nearest address is Nordre gate 2. It is easy to see us with all the SUP boards. Call 400 80 440 if you do not find it.
- You’re going to get wet; you are hereby warned. Meet up with a towel, wool underwear if it is cold – and otherwise dress up for the weather conditions. We also recommend bringing a towel, spare change of clothes and shoes you don’t mind getting wet.
- We will keep your belongings in our van while you paddle and give them back to you at the end of the trip.
- If you want to go to the Sauna after paddling, you can pay for this at the Sauna with VIPPS or a card. It costs 100NOK for one hour.
- There’s also a grill at the sauna and you can bring food if you like, as well as beer or other drinks.
See calendar and availability if you press the blue “see calendar and book now” button. If it is not working you can try a different web browser or just get in touch and we will help you. Our email is kontaktmadgoats.no or call us on +4740080440
Vulkan (Nordre gate 2)
Utrolig gøy opplevelse å padle kajakk ned Akerselven. Proffe og flinke instruktører. Anbefales på det varmeste.
Jeg fikk Padletur på Akerselva til bursdag av kjæresten min. Helt super opplevelse. Anbefales!
Sønnen min på 13, hans onkel på besøk fra utlandet og jeg hadde en fantastisk tur ned Akerselva fra Grunerparken ved Mathallen og ut til Operaen. En god opplevelse og en annen måte å oppleve Akerselva og padling på. Anbefales varmt!! MadGoats er gode på det de gjør 🙂