- Includes issue of a NPF våttkort on completion of the course. Questions about NPF våttkort system? See our FAQ page.
- Small courses – maximum 9 participants.
- We provide all gear – kayak, paddle, lifejacket, spray skirt, wet suit in summer / dry suit in winter, jacket and neoprene paddling shoes.
- In summer, please bring swimwear, towel and sunscreen. On colder days in spring, autumn and winter, please bring at least one wool thermal layer (top and bottom), thick socks and towel.
- There is storage for your belongings.
- The perfect activity for team building and kick-off events. Can be booked as a private group. Please email email@example.com for availability.
- This can be purchased as a gift. Just choose the “gift card” option during the booking process.
- If your course is at Aker Brygge, then there is the option to warm up at the saunas nearby after the course. Just show your Mad Goats booking to get a 15% discount off drop in sauna at Oslo Fjord Spa.
NPF våttkort Introduction Course
First time with a paddle in your hands? Discover the joys of sea kayaking on our beginner-level introduction course (introkurs i havkajakk) in central Oslo. Here you will learn the basics in a safe and controlled environment. All gear is included to keep you warm while paddling. “A warm student is a happy student, and a happy student is a good learner” – goat wisdom.
"Seriøst firma med gode instruktører. Arve på tirsdagens intro kurs var dyktig og en trivelig kar. Kurset kan ansolutt anbefales!"Knut Belgum
"Yvonne gjorde en regnfull søndag til en fryd! Håper alle er like heldige og får en like snill, god og flink instruktør som henne. Full score fra meg!"Robin Tordly
- Aker Brygge Marina, Oslo – click here for Google Maps
- Munch Brygge, Bispevika, Oslo – click here for Google Maps
- Sollerudstranda, Lysaker – click here for Google Maps
- Nøtterøy, near Tønsberg – click here for Google Maps
- Adults – kr 1299, including våttkort and all kit hire.
- 25% off for children (13 years +) and students.
Adults – kr 1299, including våttkort and all kit hire. 25% off for children (13 years +) and students.
3 hours .
Choice of Aker Brygge, Lysaker or Tønsberg
Fitness requirement: Low – medium
Age requirement: 13 years +
Weight limit: 40kg – 120kg
What to bring
In summer, please bring swimwear, towel and sunscreen. On colder days in spring, autumn and winter, please bring at least one wool thermal layer (top and bottom), thick socks and towel.
Beginner; no experience needed
During the course, our certified instructors will teach you about basic kayak equipment, safety on the water, proper paddling technique and how to rescue yourself and others.
After completing this course you will be awarded the NPF våttkort. This nationally recognised qualification will allow you to rent kayaks so that you can paddle alone or with friends – the freedom of adventures awaits you!
If you are interested in a longer course combined with an overnight adventure, then we recommend you attend our “16hr Sea kayaking Foundation Course (Grunnkurs-hav)”. On this course you will have more time to practice, learn more techniques and gain one extra qualification in the våttkort system – and meet new paddling friends!
The kayak course starts with training on land – it often feels safest to start with firm ground under you. Still, you will soon be required to venture out onto the water. Then you will learn how to lift, carry and launch yourself onto the water. Once all the students are ready, the real kayak lesson begins. This includes:
- How to get out of your kayak
- Paddle strokes and boat control
- Buddy rescue
- Safety on the water
Note: You do not need to show us the self-rescue on this introduction course. You will still pass the course and get your våttkort. We at Mad Goats are just super into safety and going above and beyond what is expected. For this reason, we have added this rescue to the introduction course. It will, of course, make us feel a lot better when sending you out in a kayak alone. After the course your instructor will award you your våttkort – hooray!
We provide all gear:
Summer – kayak, paddle, lifejacket, spray skirt, wet suit, jacket and neoprene paddling shoes.
Winter – drysuit instead of wetsuit and jacket, also mitts and hood.
What to bring:
Summer – swimwear, towel and sunscreen. Thermal wool layer optional.
Winter – towel, gloves and at least two layers of thermals (top and bottom) and wool socks to wear under the dry suit. If you would like to add on a sauna afterwards please also bring swimwear.