Your kayaking options when visiting Oslo
Kayaking is a popular outdoor activity in Oslo, Norway, and there are plenty of options available for goaty kayaking enthusiasts. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced kayaker, Oslo offers some of the best kayaking experiences in the world. The reason Oslo is so good for kayaking is that Oslofjord is very sheltered. This means it is a perfect kayaking destination for beginners and for those wanting to learn to kayak. Another awesome thing about Oslo is that you can kayak all year around. If you wonder why, it is because there are many floating saunas in Oslo. This allows you to warm up in the sauna after paddling. This can also be an amazing experience to combine with an utdrikningslag or team building event in Oslo.You just can’t go wrong with kayaking and sauna life!
Here are the top 10 kayaking activities and tips in Oslo
- Kayak rental on Oslo Fjord – only one person in group needs their våttkortkurs
- Packing tips when planning an overnight kayaking trip in Oslo
- Guided sea kayak trips in Oslo to the islands and central waterfront
- Akerselva Kayak Tour in Oslo – awesome teambuilding and utdrikningslag activity!
- Top 5 reasons you should get your våttkort kayak licence in Norway
- Best places to kayak in Oslo – Bygdøy, Hovedøya and Huk Strand.
- 3hr Beginner kayaking lessons in Oslo to get your våttkort kayak certificate from Norges Padleforbund
- Oslo kayak clubs – Akerselva Padleklubb and Oslo Kajakklubb
- What does Visit Oslo have to say about kayaking in Oslo
- Kayaking festivals in Norway – Sjoa River Festival and Eian Fritid Brott Festivalen
You cannot visit Oslo without going kayaking
So if you’re looking to kayak in Oslo, you’ll want to start by finding a reputable kayak rental service or guided tour. The Oslo fjord is a popular spot for kayaking but is never too crowed! Oslo fjord is characterised by beautiful scenery, warm swimmable water in the summer months (June – August) and calm waters – but watch out for the sea gulls who might try to steal your lunch! You can also find plenty of kayak clubs and lessons in the area to help you improve your skills, although if you are looking for more advanced kayak våttkort courses, then we recommend you visit us up in Sjoa!!
Top 3 kayak locations to visit when kayaking in Oslo
Don’t forget to check out some of the best places to kayak in Oslo like Bygdøy, Hovedøya and Langøyene – especially now that the Oslo kommune has completed their cleaning and landscaping work there! With so many options available, Oslo is the perfect destination for kayaking enthusiasts no matter your skill – catch you on the water!
If you don’t feel like going kayaking then..
you can take the ferries out the above islands on Oslofjord but that would not be living the GOAT LIFE! For updates and fun content about goat life, feel free to follow us on Instagram and or subscribe to us on Youtube.
Maaaaaaeeeeeeeeh!!! Thanks for reading!