1. We follow strict HMS routines, however, be aware that there is always a small level of risk when in nature.
2. Safety instructions will be reviewed at the beginning of each course / trip. If instructions are not followed, Mad Goats AS or our instructors cannot be held responsible for any damage or loss / damage to equipment.
3. Our instructors are trained in first aid and always carry first aid equipment.
4. We reserve the right to change these terms.
5. All participants must be capable swimmers.
6. We reserve the right to refuse course participation if the person is intoxicated or otherwise unable to sit safely in a kayak.
7. When booking a course or tour, we assume that the terms have been read and understood.
8. Valuables can be locked into container / Mad Goats AS’s car if desired.
9. Kayaking is a water sport and you will get wet.
10. At the course under the direction of Mad Goats AS, pictures of the participants may be taken during the course. These images can be used in Mad Goats AS’s publications and website, or in other media related to Mad Goats AS’s activities. If you want to reserve a picture, you must inform the tour leader about this when the tour starts.
1. Although our courses / tours are not very demanding, we recommend that you are in good physical shape to perform the required activities.
2. Inform the instructor if you have any physical ailments that may effect your ability to perform activities.
3. Courses / tours will be adapted to the participants. It is important that everyone follows the pace set by the instructor.
During a course, while under the direction of Mad Goats AS, pictures of the participants may be taken. These pictures can be used in Mad Goats AS’s publications, on our websites, and in other media related to Mad Goats AS’s activities. If you do not want pictures taken, you must inform the tour leader of this when the tour starts.
Special terms – Akerselva
1. Our kayaks are designed for people between 40kg-120kg.
2. Age limit 10 years. Persons under the age of 18 must have signed approval from parents / guardians.
3. We do not offer wetsuits on this tour. Wear a rain jacket, trousers and shoes that can withstand getting wet, and otherwise dress according to the conditions.
Special conditions – The Oslo Fjord
1. Our kayaks are designed for people between 40kg-110kg.
2. Persons under the age of 18 must have signed by parents / guardians. persons under 16 must paddle in a double kayak with an adult. Persons from the age of 16-18 can participate on their own with the signature of parents / guardians.
3. We do not offer wetsuits on this trip. Wear a rain jacket and shoes that can withstand getting wet, and otherwise dress according to the conditions.
Special terms – Course
1. Our kayaks are designed for persons 40kg-1120kg.
2. We have an age limit of 14 years for our courses. Persons under the age of 18 must have signed permission from parents / guardians.
3. Loan of necessary clothing and kayaking equipment is included in the price. This does not apply to private courses / private lessons.
Special terms – Private arrangement
1. The price is based on the total number of people attending. In the event of major change in the participants, this will in some cases give a different price.
2. The course / tours price is payable 14 days after confirmation of booking.
3. Cancellation within 30 days prior to event refunds 75% of the price.
4. Cancellation within 15 days before the event refunds 50% of the payment.
5. In the event of cancellation any later or failing to attend, no refund will be given.
6. In case of illness / injury that can be confirmed by a doctor for a registered person, we will refund the value of the order for the current person at any time.
Booking and payment
1. The tour is confirmed when booked and paid for.
2. Activites must always be paid for in advance; before the course / tour date.
3. Once course, tour or rental is confirmed by email our cancellation policy applies.
If cancelled before the start of the course, tour or rental, the following applies:
1. Cancellation up to 14 days before course start: 100% of the payment will be refunded.
2. Cancellation up to 7 days before course start: 50% of the payment will be refunded.
3. Cancellation later than 7 days before course start: The payment will not be refunded.
4. If the participant does not show up at the agreed time, the payment will not be refunded.
5. Make sure you meet well in advance. In the case of late attendance, the course/tour may have begun. If this happens, we will not refund or rebook the course.
6. Cancellation must be made writing via e-mail.
7. In case of illness, you will be offered a new date for the course/trip. This requires you to show sick leave.
Cancellation of course / trip
1. Mad Goats AS can move / cancel the activity for reasons, such as difficult weather conditions, too few participants or illness. You will then be offered the chance to move the tour / course to another date.
2. If there are less than 4 people enrolled in a course, the course can be moved. You will be offered a new course or a refund.
3. In the case of cancellation, the participants do not have a claim for compensation, in addition to the course, tour or rental fee. We recommend our customers to have their own travel insurance.