Akerselva river tour is one of the best experiences Oslo has to offer. It starts in the leafy-green Grünerløkka district, under some historic bridges such as Ankerbrua and Vaterland, through Grønland and through a 500m long tunnel to take you underneath Oslo Central Station! The tour ends where the Akerselva meets Oslofjord, at the ultra-modern Munch Museum. Choose between kayak or stand up paddleboard (SUP), and explore Oslo in a very unique way.
- The tour lasts 90 minutes.
- Kit hire included – kayak or SUP, life vest, paddle and helmet.
- Suitable for all ages and abilities from 10 years upwards.
- The starting point is at Nedre Foss Park, only an 11-minute ride on public transport or a 20-minute walk from Oslo Central Station.
- You can leave your belongings in our vehicle which will be waiting for you where the tour ends at Operastranda (or “Goat Beach” as we like to call it, next to the Opera House).
- We provide all kit – kayak or SUP, paddle, life vest and helmet. Wear weather-appropriate clothing (such as waterproofs if raining, swimwear if hot and sunny!) and you may want to bring a towel and change of clothes.
- Feeling hungry after paddling? At Sukkerbiten Bar you can get some excellent wood-fired stone-baked Italian pizza to enjoy after the tour.
- New for 2022 we also have a paddle tour along the Sandvikselva.