Embrace your inner “Mad Goat” on an adventure down the historic Akerselva River on a kayak or stand up paddleboard (SUP)!
This trip truly takes you through the heart of Old Oslo and is a truly unique experience. We suggest making a day of it and follow your paddle with pizza and a sauna, taking in all of our favourite places in Oslo and guaranteeing an unforgettable day!
Starting in the leafy-green Grünerløkka district, we pass through Grønland, underneath Oslo Central Station, paddle past the ultra-modern Munch Museum and finish the tour at the Opera House Beach. Our tour takes you through the heart of Oslo – the river fringed by modern and old buildings alike, and crossed by historic bridges such as Ankerbrua and Vaterland. We even paddle through a 500m long tunnel!
Perfect for group events such as team building, kick off events, birthdays and bachelor parties.
More info about the tour:
- Prices are per person, based on the size of the group. Pre-payment by card or invoice.
- All equipment is included. Kayak or SUP, paddle, helmet and lifejacket.
- Please dress appropriately for the weather conditions on the day. Waterproof jacket and pants, wool thermal underlayers, hats and gloves recommended. It is very unlikely you will fall out of the kayak but we recommend bringing a towel and a spare set of clothes.
- You can all leave your belongings in our van, which will be waiting at the end of the trip at Sukkerbiten.
- Meet at the start point (Nedre Foss Park across the river from Mathallen) at the time of your booking. Nearest address is Nordre gate 2. It is easy to see us as we will lay out our orange kayaks on the grass.
- Currently, as the beach next to the Opera House is closed, the tour ends where Akerselva meets Oslofjord, at Sukkerbiten, opposite the new Munch Museum.
- Feeling hungry after paddling? At Sukkerbiten you can get some excellent wood-fired stone-baked Italian pizza, homemade fish & chips, seafood and salads.
- If you would like to warm up with a sauna you can book a private sauna nearby at Oslo Badstuforening or Oslo Fjord Spa.
- From April to October we also regularly run a 90-minute public Akerselva River Tour.