Akerselva river tour is one of the best experiences Oslo has to offer. It starts in the leafy-green Grünerløkka district, under some historic bridges such as Ankerbrua and Vaterland, through Grønland and through a 500m long tunnel to take you underneath Oslo Central Station! The tour ends where the Akerselva meets Oslofjord, at the ultra-modern Munch Museum. Choose between kayak or stand up paddleboard (SUP), and explore Oslo in a very unique way.
- The tour lasts 90 minutes.
- Kit hire included – kayak or SUP, life vest, paddle and helmet.
- Suitable for all ages and abilities from 10 years upwards.
- Starting point is at Nedre Foss Park, only an 11-minute ride on public transport or 20-minute walk from Oslo Central Station.
- You can leave your belongings in our vehicle which will be waiting for you where the tour ends at Sukkerbiten (opposite the new Munch Museum).
- We provide all kit – kayak or SUP, paddle, life vest and helmet. Wear weather-appropriate clothing (such as waterproofs if raining, swimwear if hot and sunny!) and you may want to bring a towel and change of clothes.
- Feeling hungry after paddling? At Sukkerbiten you can get some excellent takeaway wood-fired stone-baked Italian pizza to enjoy outside after the tour. If you are a large group (more than 6 people), we recommend pre-ordering.
- If you want to go to the sauna to warm up after paddling, Oslo Badstuforening is located right beside the end of our tour and offer drop in every day from 0700 to 1900. If they are full, it is only a short walk to Aker Brygge to Oslo Fjord Spa. Show them your Mad Goats booking and get 25% partner discount on sauna drop in at Oslo Fjord Spa.
Price and booking:
- Adult – 790 NOK; Student – 590 NOK; Child – 490 NOK.
- All of our activities can be purchased online as gift cards.
- For group prices please see Private Akerselva River Tour.
- If you have a YouWish, True Story or any other voucher from a third party company please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your voucher number, preferred tour date and time (you can check availability in the booking calendar), number of participants, and whether you would like kayaks or SUP.