5 Steps to getting to Grade 3
- Learn the basics of river kayaking on an Introduction Course
- Build on your skills and learn more about river safety and rolling on a Foundation Course
- Practice your kayak roll as much as you can!
- Paddle at least 5 times on a grade 2 river
- Join a guided tour on a grade 3 river
Bonus – we also recommend a WRT-REC course with Rescue3Norge
Kayaking the Sjoa grade 3 / Playrun – explaining the lines for beginners
Whitewater courses in Norway to get you to Grade 3
Our instructors specialise in teaching river kayaking with a focus on safety and hands-on learning. Sign up for one of our whitewater kayaking courses and learn the skills you need to get to the level required to paddle grade 3 sections.